RPS-L&H and RPS-R&R surge-anticipating valves from SingerValve are installed downstream of the pump check valve(s) and featuretwo pilots. The 106 RPS-L&H valve, mounted in a tee, is designed toanticipate surges to avoid severe water hammer. The valve may requirea flow limiter set during commissioning to ensure the valve will reclose.The 106 RPS-R&R valve is designed for applications where static pressure is less than 100 feet and where the existing valve size may be toolarge. Unlike the RPS-L&H, the RPS-R&R is guaranteed to close, evenif the valve is oversized. 888/764-7858; www.singervalve.com.
- Sustainable Operations: Pest Problems at the Plant? Check Out This Guy’s Natural Solution
- Cover Story: Reaching Higher: An Operator’s Pursuit of Knowledge
- Top Performer - Biosolids: Stepping Up in Class: Finding a Way to Make Class A Biosolids
- Top Performer - Operator: The Fast Track: An Operator’s Journey to Wastewater Supervisor
- Top Performer - Plant: How a UV System Kept Big Sky’s Award-Winning Water Intact